Monday, March 23, 2009

Assignment #1: Carly

First name: Carly
Camera: Canon Rebel XS
Lens(es): Canon EFS 18-55mm (the one that came with the camera), Tamron 28-200mm, Canon 50mm 1.8 (my FAVORITE by far-- I hardly ever take it off)
Other accessories: none :-(
Photo editing software: Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Bridge
Favorite type of photography: People! My kids, of course, but I love taking adult portraits, too. I definitely prefer outdoors. I'd really like to get into weddings (engagements, bridals, and wedding day stuff).
What you hope to do with your photography: Start a business and quit my job! One day I'd like to have a studio in my home, but I don't ever want to exclusively work in a studio. I also just want to take better "snapshots" of my kids and family for posterity's sake.
Photography education (past and future): I've read a lot of books and websites, but never had any formal training. Next month I will be spending a day at a one-on-one mentoring session with a local photographer, Sara Boulter.
Favorite photography websites/blogs: The Pioneer Woman, Digital Photography School
Anything else you want to share: I am so excited to start this! I think this will really help motivate me to improve and I can't wait to see what everyone else has to share. Oh, and I really want to get a background like this blog to shoot against. :-)
Favorite picture you have taken to date: I'm cheating and posting two.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Great job for setting this up, Carly. I am thinking about my favorite pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carly, you are amazing for doing all of this! I am so excited to start this, but I have to say that I do feel so amateur compared to everyone else!!

    ReplyDelete